You may want to highlight particular quantities in
your model by means of formatting. Some examples are described below.
Surround the Qty Produced information with
a single line border.
- Turn on Excel's Formatting Toolbar
with the View, Toolbars commands.
- Select the cells in the range A4:H4.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the
Borders icon on the Formatting Toolbar.
- To surround the selection with a single-line
border, select the last border shown.
Use a font color and background pattern for the Total
- Select the cell that holds the Total
Profit calculation (Cell J6).
- Click the right-hand mouse button to get
a pop-up menu of available options.
- From the pop-up options, select Format
- In the Format Cells dialog box, use the
Font and Patterns selections to change the font color
and add a patterned background to the cell.
Use the File, Print commands to print your
Explore the printing options available under the
File, Page Setup commands.
Use the commands Tools, Options, View Formulas
to display your worksheet on the screen with formulas shown. You
can print this version as you would a regular worksheet (you may want
to copy it to a separate worksheet and adjust column widths first).
Headers and footers can be useful for including standard
information such as your name, the file name, the date, etc. on each
printed page. To set headers and/or footers, choose File, Page Setup
and select the Headers and Footers tab.